May 22, 2014

Disney's "Big Hero 6" Looks Awesome



Disney has really been stepping their game up with the likes of Wreck it Ralph and Frozen (a movie which I admit I still haven't seen). With the announcement of Big Hero 6 last year, I have been eagerly awaiting to see what the Marvel inspired movie had in store for us. The trailer may be relatively short on any actual action, but it does an awesome job at setting a tone and it has got me hyped.

Big Hero 6's premise is relatively unknown (at least in terms of it following the comics or not), but we do know the story is set in the fictional city of San Fransokyo, revolving around the young Hiro Hamada who's robot, Baymax, joins a team of crime fighters. I can only assume the team consists of the remaining members of the original Big Hero 6 cast.


Despite the direct correlation with the original comic, I actually felt the trailer gave off more of an early Super Robot genre (Astroboy/Tetsujin 28-go) vibe. I'm completely okay with this. The movie may not be a complete retelling of the original Big Hero 6, but it seems to be taking enough inspiration to make fans of the original happy (at least that's what Disney seems to banking on). Until we get more content revolving around the remaining characters I'll happily watch this movie just for Braymax.

No comments:

Post a Comment