Jul 10, 2013

Suda51 and Akira Creator Katsuhiro Otomo Team Up For New Video Game Project


There really isn't much I can think of that wouldn't excite me when it comes to Suda51 announcements, but when it comes to the announced collaboration between Suda51 and Akira creator Katsuhiro Otomo my mind almost melted. Suda51 and Otomo are teaming up with Namco Bandai to create the side-scroller Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day. Based on the film Short Peace released later this month, the game will tie-in as the fifth installment of the four shorts featured in the film.


While not much has been announced in terms of gameplay, the leaks thus far have described the game as 'high-speed effect action.' Judging from that description, there isn't really much of a conclusion to draw about the game, despite that this superstar teamup is some of the biggest game news I've heard come out of Japan in ages.

With Killer Is Dead due out in a little over a month, Suda51 and team seem to be filling their time with worthwhile endeavors, and this one more title to add to the 'oh my god, I can't wait for this' list of games.

No comments:

Post a Comment