Oct 25, 2012

Evil Dead Remake Trailer Is The Most NSFW Trailer Of The Year



As much as I might want to hate the idea of a modern retelling of Evil Dead, this red band trailer does everything right in terms of getting me excited. While this trailer has gotten me more than comfortable with the the idea that this might actually work, others are not so keen on the idea. The common argument seems to lie in the belief that original was an over-the-top cheesefest that did nothing but spoof itself throughout the entirety of the movie. While this might be true for the original's sequels, Evil Dead was most certainly your typical gorefest, with subtle touches of humor. While this trailer shows nothing but over-the-top violence, I'm still betting on some comedic nods to the original while keeping it fresh for new audiences.

I still plan to hold my final judgement for it's release in 2013, but until then I can safely say I'll sleep a bit more comfortably knowing this is actually moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment