Mar 1, 2012

The Banner Saga



The Austin based indie dev Stoic just recently announced this wonderful new role playing game that's set to drop sometime this summer. Aside from some beautiful looking art direction that really reminded me of the work of Matt Rhodes (Art direction by the well known Arnie Jorgensen), the gameplay looks like it has something special going on. I don't know why but seeing the massive army marching with the ever growing banner brought back fond memories of playing Patapon during my daily commute.

In order to further sell people on the premise, Stoic is going to be releasing a free multiplayer combat mode to give gamers a taste of things to come. I'm curious to see how they incorporate the Final Fantasy Tactics style gameplay into the ongoing army march that seems to be prevalent in the trailer. That aside, I definitely would like to mention that this got me a lot more excited than whats been causing a buzz online today, Assassins Creed XIV: American Revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment