Jun 26, 2014

"Camera Sim 3D" - A Clever DSLR Simulator



Surprised I haven't heard of this before, but I think it's absolutely genius. A first person exploration title with an emphasis on teaching users how to use a DSLR prior to dropping the money on one. The Unity based simulator is releasing relatively soon, and will serve as a really helpful too to demystify the incredible amount of features that come with most cameras of that caliber- Exposure, focal length, shutter speed, aperture, ISO..I remember feeling overwhelmed when I went in blind, and it took me months to figure out all the settings on my Canon.


While the creator of the sim, Jon Arnold emphasizes that this will never replace the experience of having your own camera and testing it in the wild, it's not hard to see that this will be an intuitive way of experimenting when the conditions aren't fit for venturing out. Look forward to taking this for a spin when it comes out. You can check out more details about Camera Sim on the official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment