Aug 9, 2013

Spike Jonze's 'Her'



Spike Jonze likes to take his time with his films, but I'm not complaining, there hasn't been an entry in his filmography that I haven't enjoyed (Being John Malkovich being one of my all time favorite films). Jonze's newest movie Her is looking to be a mighty fine addition to the Spike Jonze collection, but dammit I can already sense the tears preparing to unload for this movie.

Telling the story of a single man who falls in love with a computer program, Her is a love story for a new generation. We've all had crushes on fictional characters at one point or another, but what happens when that character is a receptive A.I. that can communicate with us on a 1-to-1 basis?



While I admit I was a little underwhelmed by the storytelling of Where the Wild Things Are (despite the cinematography being absolutely gorgeous), Jonze definitely has a knack for pulling at the heartstrings and Her is definitely looking like a quality flick.
 
Her will hit theaters in the US November 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment