Aug 22, 2013

Evangelion Exhibit is A Real Thing


If you don't already know, Neon Genesis Evangelion is my favorite thing period. The anime has been a strong part of my life since my early teens and has continued to captivate me with it's intriguing story and it's recent continuation of the Rebuild films. When the announcement that an Evangelion exhibit would hit Matsuya Ginza in Tokyo, Japan I almost sh*t myself with excitement, but I managed to hold it in. While I probably will never get a chance to visit myself, visitors have been more than willing to share their experience with the internet. It may not be as good as visiting in-person but it'll do for now!

The exhibit is the first large-scale Evangelion exhibit, showcasing over 1,300 items and over 300 pieces from the show and film's production. After the jump is an assortment of photos from the exhibit, giving a decently sized sneakpeak. That lifesize Ayanami Rei is absolutely beautiful looking and I would kill to get a firsthand look at some of the film's storyboard in person. Take a look and feel the need to visit for yourself!

Outside view of Matsuya Ginza with EVA 01 color scheme
Exhibit elevator showcasing Rei in her 3.0 plugsuit
Even the exhibit tickets and pamphlet are amazing
Sachiel in mascot format
(via)
(via)
(via)
(via)
Entrance to Evangelion store
Want
WANT
Eva cheesecake, yum
Point card for Eva store purchases

No comments:

Post a Comment