Jul 25, 2013

Capsule: A Truly Original Survival-Horror


 
From the creators of one of the best runner games on the market, Canabalt comes Capsule which is describe as "technically a survival-horror game, featuring a posthumous epistolary narrative and a reactively generated abstract landscape that is different every time you explore, and tailored to deliberately create tense scenarios and close calls". The game relies heavily on resource management and you'll often find yourself in intense predicaments with no hope for survival.

The game's sound design is by far some of the best I've heard in an indie title, and provides a level of tension that many big-budget AAA titles fail to create. While the game is a bit on the short side (about 2 hours), the time I spent with it had me on the edge of my seat through the entire play-through, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same for you.


For $8 you can pick up a DRM-free copy of the game from the website, and for such a unique experience I'd say $8 is more than worth it. I know I wasn't disappointed, just bee sure to wear headphones while you play.

No comments:

Post a Comment