Jun 19, 2013

Enjoy The First 9 Minutes of Ghost In The Shell Arise



We're a mere three days away from the release of the first film of four in the Ghost in the Shell: Arise series. While a bit of controversy has stirred in the anime community over the redesign of characters (mostly Kusanagi) I couldn't be more excited to get more GITS action in my life. To celebrate the upcoming release the official Ghost in the Shell: Arise channel has posted the first 9 minutes from the film, Ghost Pain. The series is sporting some seriously sexy animation, which at this point should be expected from Production I.G.

The first films title, Ghost Pain is eerily similar to the subtitle of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which I'd attribute to taking place early in Major Kusanagi's career. I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb here and say I'll be expecting a more in-depth look into Kusanagi's transition into a cyborg, perhaps a little phantom pain should be expected.

Unfortunately, the above subtitled version has only been posted in measly 480p (despite the subtitles being phenomenal), so if you're wanting to get the full 1080p experience, Sony's Playstation channel has been kind enough to post a non-subtitled version on their channel found below. What do you think of Motoko's redesign? I'm still confused with what all the fuss is about, I personally think it's an awesome alternate direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment