Jan 19, 2012

Resident Evil 6 Goes Back To Its Roots



I was never a fan of Resident Evil 5. Not only did the poor AI let down a good action game, I felt the action side of things really let down the evolution of the series. What was once a survival horror (and then action horror with the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 4) series became the opposite of what made the famous franchise otherwise great with cheap scares and no real atmosphere. I always bet that Resident Evil 6 would follow down the road that Resident Evil 5 had tread and I was right. But I couldn't have been more wrong when I said that they would forget the roots of the series.

It seems that you take control of 3-4 teams travelling around the world trying to stop the outbreak of some sort of virus. The trailer involves Zombies, Leon, Chris and an unnamed protagonist fighting to save the world. Resident Evil 6 is slated to be released November 20th, and is one of the only sequels (outside of Mass Effect 3) that I'm really looking forward to wait for. If the gameplay in this beautifully rendered trailer is anything to go by we know one thing for sure; s*** is going down and "It's Racoon City all over again".

No comments:

Post a Comment