Nov 22, 2011

Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds Is Almost As Big As Liam Neeson



I have my tickets. I have every release of the musical and although when I heard that the part of the Journalist was being replace (originally played by Richard Burton), I was upset. Having heard his voice for as long as I could remember the news came to me like nails on a chalkboard. When I heard who was replacing him? I was relieved. Liam Neeson is the perfect replacement. Check out more of my reasoning after the break!

But whoah, I'm getting wayy ahead of myself. Let me explain. In 1978 a concept album was made by Jeff Wayne, retelling the story of The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. This would go on to be one of the best selling records of all time, and one of the most influential at the time because of the recording methods. And you NEED to track it down because it is that good. Richard Burton? Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy)? Julie Covington? A electronic musical based off one of the most famous sci-fi novels of all time? Yes, the tripods marched, fall and keep resurrecting and now the resurrection features Liam Neeson. Other stars are to be confirmed, but the live concert will feature some of the best 3D footage and animation in the business, as well as a blu-ray/DVD and a CD release coming out soon after.

I have my tickets and if you can find tickets? DO IT. The experience is amazing enough, but I really can't wait to find out how they handle this re-release. It features 2 hours worth of animated footage and all the original tracks. And if this leaked footage proves anything? It will be a event that you won't want to miss. If you haven't heard the original? No excuse. BUY IT NOW. You won't regret it and the 2009 remaster is one of the best versions that will ever grace your fine ears.

Jeff Wayne's 2012 tour is on sale right now. If you have brought tickets let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment