Jun 22, 2011

Indie Game: The Movie



While I was writing this article,  the Kickstarter for this project just surpassed its $35,000 funding goal on Kickstarter, gaining over a $1000 in donations in less than 20 minutes. So I'm happy to say that this documentary will get made, as it focuses on the rising stars of the video game industry..The indie developers. Having had a chance to play a ton of amazing, truly innovative games during GDC earlier this year, I really found myself questioning how the mainstream game industry had become so stagnant, corporate and unwilling to try new concepts.

There was something so honest about these guys, who had spent countless hours and made so many sacrifices to bring their games to life. I came out of that experience with a newfound respect for these guys, many of whom are doing their best to push the envelope as forward as possible, creatively unconstrained and free to explore new gameplay formulas. I'm glad this documentary will go forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment