May 25, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Poster

(Via)
For the past 10 years, we have been delighted with the magical adventures of a boy with a zig-zag forehead scar.  Come July of this year, the 'Harry Potter' story will be coming to an end on film.  I'm sure a lot of you have grown up with our brave boy wizard, making this ending even more significant.  Hell, I was in high school when the first movie came out, and even I feel a sense of sadness in the finality of it all.

But of course, all good things must come to an end (or whatever, blah blah).  The thing I found most interesting about this series, is how dark each film became, one by one.  It started off quite light and kid-friendly, yet over time the plot became darker, and more twisted.  As sad as I am to see it end, I can't wait for the summertime release.  This, in my opinion, is probably one of the most significant and important film series of the past decade.  It will surely become a classic, to be remembered always.


No comments:

Post a Comment