Mar 23, 2011

Planet Of The Apes Reboot "Rises" To Earlier Release Date


Fox is moving Rise of the Apes, a reimagined "origin story" for its fabled Planet of the Apes series, from its previously scheduled November release date. It now has a summer release of August 5th of this year.

I'm interested to see how they handle this remake/reboot. I hope they handle it better than the Tim Burton "Planet of the Apes" remake. It was heartless and the first nail in the coffin Tim Burton's career took (but that's a whole different article in itself).

2 comments:

  1. I'll watch it none the less... Should be pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will be good, but I'm still annoyed that they are going with a genetically altered Ape storyline, and not the kickass self for-filling prophecy of the apes in the original.

    Still, I've heard good things and the fact that nothing has really leaked? It's a good sign. Also, it's not like it could be any worse than the Tim Burton version.

    ReplyDelete