May 1, 2014

A Crow Is White - "Fake!Fake!"



It's always pleasant to stumble onto an awesome piece of animation, even better if that animation is accompanied by an awesome song. Japanese band A Crow Is White is ramping up to release their 2nd mini-album June 4th and to get us hyped they've released this ridiculously adorable music video to go along with their single fake!fake!.

As you might already know I'm a giant sucker for bright colors and fake!fake! hits that sweet spot in a 3 minute and 24 second long animation of pure adorableness. Cuteness and pretty colors aside, the animation itself is an all-around awesome experience, providing the craziness you'd expect from Japan's animation talent while providing an awesome accompanying piece for the track's vibe. 



Don't even get me started on the music (yes, that's a good thing). As of recently I've fallen into a hole of Japanese pop and rock and I can't seem to find my way out. There's something incredibly upbeat and happy about J-rock/pop that I can't quite put my finger on, but as long as it keeps my tapping my feet I won't complain. 

Fake!fake!'s fast and poppy instrumentals are something to expect from an anime intro, but the accompanying vocals adds quite a lot more to song. Sure, A Crow Is White's vocalist might fall into that "kawaii" category you'd come to expect from a J-rock band, but they hold a somewhat soothing quality that melds well with the songs upbeat flavor.

It doesn't look like any plans for the mini-album are set outside of Japan, but if you'd like to find out more you can head over to their website here for more info on the band (as you'd expect, the website is in Japanese). 

No comments:

Post a Comment