Mar 19, 2013

The Art of Asuka Isii

(via)
Asuka Ishii's work completely drew me in upon first glance with it's seemingly grandiose scale. Each paints (literally) a world that is equally as beautiful as it is soothing which perfectly captures the feeling of wonder one might get from a pleasant dream. The amount of detail placed into each painting is absolutely mind-blowing and I found myself staring at each painting for minutes at a time.


Since each image managed to hold such grand scale, I investigated a little further and found that some of Asuka's work is actually as big as it seems, often times filling entire rooms. The fact that each work holds it's original scale so well even when shrunk down really shows the talent Asuka Ishii holds.

After the break I've left you with six more pieces by Asuka Ishii that you can take a look at.






No comments:

Post a Comment