Mar 15, 2013

RoboGal's Cute Mixtape: The Quokka!


Well hello there! (Via)
Oh holy hell, I'm smitten. And no, not smitten with kittens. Nope, not this time. This time, our Cute Mixtape is going Down Under for one of the most adorable, charming little animals-you-might-not-know-about: the Quokka (Setonix brachyurus)! The cat-sized marsupial appears to have a natural, friendly looking smile (I think it's a real smile, and I'm sticking to it. Naysayers be damned...). Should I ever find myself in it's native habitat, I really hope to cross it's path. Although, I will have to fight the urge to cuddle, as according to Australian preservation laws, there is a fine for doing so.


Quokkas have found a safe haven on Rottnest Island, a reserve situated about 12 miles off the Western Australian coast. Referred to as 'Wadjemup' by the indigenous Noongar people of Australia, it means 'Place across the water.'  More adorableness after the break!
(Via)
(Via)
(Via)
(Via)
(Via)


No comments:

Post a Comment