Oct 21, 2012

Springtime Carnivores - Collectors



Reminiscent of a less depressing Lana Del Rey in both visual feel and tone, Springtime Carnivores' Collectors track is a cheerful ode to great memories and happy experiences, told via a beautiful series of retro slice of life photos. The band also released a fine little description of the track, which kind of reads like the plot of the upcoming Wachowski epic, Cloud Atlas:

'I am a traveler and my highways are circuit boards leading to you. You don’t know me, but long ago in another age we dined together in a ballroom in Versailles. I was the girl in the green evening gown and the shattered glass slippers. You kissed my hand. We were lovers once. We met in the park; on a pier; in the first-class cabin of the Titanic. We sank with the ship. I have written songs about all this and other things too. I hope you enjoy.'

No comments:

Post a Comment