Jun 17, 2012

The Karaoke Breathalyzer



Have you noticed that only wasted people seem to take the stage at Karaoke? I'm a drinker. A HEAVY drinker to boot too at times. The amount of times I've embarrassed myself because of the sweet taste of alcohol is quite frankly an embarrassment in itself. One of the unfortunate side effects of the substance is that I start to believe I have talent. This will often lead to me taking the microphone & performing an 'amazing' session of Karaoke. The last time was a rendition of 'Teenage Dirtbag' so bad I nearly got kicked out of the club. Whilst this invention doesn't take away the humiliation, it might just save a few lives.

Bar Aurora & Boteco Ferraz have created the 'Karaoke Breathalyzer.' In order to increase awareness about drunk driving, the world’s first microphone breathalyzer was created. People were then invited to sing karaoke. At the end of each song, instead of the score people were greeted with their alcohol blood level. Honestly? The idea is genius. I took this more seriously than most Government sponsored adverts. It's light hearted enough to make you think, allows you to laugh at yourself and delivers an important message: If you can take the stage, you should be responsable enough to take the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment