Apr 2, 2012

Ted: The Red-band Trailer



I'm a huge Family Guy fan, I've spent countless hours watching episodes over and over on TBS, Cartoon Network, Netflix, etc. I've seen most of the episodes several times over, and it just doesn't get old to me. That is, up until a few seasons ago. I'm not sure what happened, but the newer stuff just wasn't doing it for me anymore and its been on a steady decline. Same goes for American Dad, which I never got into as well as the countless awful spinoffs which aren't really worth mentioning. Seth MacFarlane is making his first foray into films, with his teddy bear comes to life story, Ted.

Based on the recently released red-band trailer, the style and humor is very notably MacFarlane-esque. The two main characters (one played by Mark Wahlberg, the other voiced by MacFarlane) seem to have a Peter/Brian relationship going on. I didn't finish the trailer thinking, "OMG, I can't wait!", but I quietly chuckled at least once or twice. The US release is July 13, 2012, so it seems like it could be a brainless summer entry. Nothing out of this world perhaps, but worth a few guilty laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment