Mar 30, 2012

Rise of the Guardians - Trailer



While DreamWorks Animation films can be hit or miss, I had some faith restored with 2010's How To Train Your Dragon. There's even a sequel in the works, and though I'm usually a sequel-skeptic, I'll most definitely give it a watch. That said, this trailer for the November 2012 release of Rise of the Guardians looks really interesting to me.

When I initially read that it was a film surrounding our childhood folklore characters (Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc...), my first thought was that they were going to be generic, over-the-top caricatures. Thankfully, they didn't go full Shrek on this one.. There's an Eastern European-sounding, tatted up Santa, a peacock-adorned Tooth Fairy, and many more. I'm not quite sure about the style just yet, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment