Mar 16, 2012

Dark Shadows - Trailer



I love Johnny Depp. I really do. I think he's a fantastic actor (one of the better character actors out there currently, IMO), but after seeing this trailer, I'm afraid he might be becoming typecast. Just based on the trailer alone (I'll definitely see the movie before coming to a final opinion), he seems to be playing the same offbeat, silly character; Captain Jack Sparrow being the first to come to mind.

Depp aside, this looks like another formulaic Tim Burton film. That's not to say some Burton films are good (key word "some"), but they're essentially the same thing over and over again. He's the kind of filmmaker I really want to like, because I generally like the stories he chooses to do. It's just the execution that leaves me a little disappointed. That said, I'm hopeful, and will be in the theaters watching this release on May 11th, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment