May 20, 2011

What English Sounds Like To Non-English Speakers



I've always kinda wondered what English sounds like to those who don't speak it.  I recently came across this amazing video, and I think my question was answered.  There is no real language spoken here, it's all gibberish.  But when I listen, and not really pay too much attention, my brain starts to think "yeah, yeah, I hear it!"  With my knowledge of other languages limited (unfortunately), I'm not really too sure what I'd compare this too.  What do you hear?

Language tricks aside, this is such a rad video.  The tune is super catchy, and the choreography is awesome! Got me doing a little shoulder bounce (which is saying something, because it's late, and I'm tired as f**k).  Plus, there's no denying that special 70's charm.

1 comment:

  1. the gir at he beggining is saying: "Listen , professor, how do you write a song with weird words that dont say (mean) anything?" i speak, spanish and english also a little italian and french, and this song is exactly how english sounds to someone who cant speak the language, i mean it is gibberish, just like the real english, which is kind of blunt and basic, and lacks the nice sounding qualities of other languages.

    ReplyDelete