May 23, 2011

Goldfish: We Come Together



I just discovered Goldfish recently, and am completely in love with their really unique sound. The group consists of two guys from Cape Town, Dominic Peter and Dave Poole who deliver music that I'd classify as Jazz house with a sprinkle of lyrics. Its been a while since I've heard something that was this fresh and different, so it made my day.

Now as for the music video, it really gives me Paul Robertson vibes (Of Pirate Baby Cabana Battle fame) with its low bit, retro game console look and barrage of pop culture/videogame references. Its absolutely awesome. I'll be investing in a custom Kitty Stormtrooper helmet soon. Check out the making of the music video after the jump!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this, i just found my new favorite group. So damn jazzy! currently buying all their albums!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of this video, isn't amazing! Me and a buddy broke down as many of the references as possible in a response video and Goldfish liked it! Check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PUvuAADA28&feature=channel_video_title

    ReplyDelete