Mar 25, 2011

Matta "Release the Freq"


I would characterize my opinions on dubstep as undecided (the same goes for dogstep). I've yet to reach a consensus on whether or not this newly-popular genre is gimmicky and annoying, or a legitimate musical force here to stay. For every catchy and unique dubstep remix I've heard, there exists the inverse uninspired and insipid track. 

Luckily, Matta is inching me closer to the favorable side of the fence with their new music video shown above.  Whatever your opinions are on dubstep, techno, electronica or whatever related sub-genre, I highly recommend you check this out. The pulsating, rhythmic beats mesh well with the synchronized and naturalistic movements of the deer. Even the footage itself looks stunning, as if it were captured by a nature documentarian, and run through a gamut of washed-out filters and color correction. Another highlight includes the Fight Club-esque iconography, which is also slickly incorporated, as if the deer are being seen "through the eyes of a hungry dubstep monster."

No comments:

Post a Comment