Jan 21, 2011

I Feel Like I'm Being Tested


I live in an ordinary Neighbourhood. Nothing really ever happens around here. I walk the same way everyday, and see nothing that ever catches my eye. So last night, I watch Exit Through The Gift Shop, the Banksy funded Street Art Documentary (And if you haven't seen it, it makes for an amazing watch).

Today, I walk the same old route I do everyday and notice something that hadn't been there the day before. I love the Street art Movement, but whether it had been there and I had never noticed it, or it had just been put there is a question I will never know. But today was different because I saw an awesome piece of street art in a place I thought I would never see it. What makes it all the better? It's Video game inspired. Check it out after the jump.


As you can see, the tag is Portal, of "Love Thy Companion Cube" style. Portal is a cult classic game from Valve, released in 2007, the game consists of a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and simple objects using the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device (ASHPD, also dubbed the "portal gun"), a unit that can create inter-spatial portals between flat planes.The player character, Chell, is challenged by an AI named GLaDOS to complete each puzzle in the Aperture Science Computer-Aided Enrichment Center using the portal gun with the promise of receiving cake when all the puzzles are completed.



Portal 2 has a release date, and is out at some point within the year (and I'm very excited). And if you haven't played the first, what's wrong with you? You can get it on the Xbox 360 or on the PC. It will not only last you a long time, but will also be one of the more original gaming experiences you will ever have. I am going to be keeping my eye out from now on, in case I see any more video game inspired art. What about you guys? Have you seen, or photographed some awesome art like this in your neighbourhood? Leave a comment and lets talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment