Jan 29, 2011

Evangelion Hotel: Faulty Tower's of Japan

Hahaha, references to classic British Comedies. ANYWAY, Evangelion is huge, and I love it. I already posted about Evangelion Suits you can buy, but now you can not only go to an amusement park with a Neon-Genesis Evangelion theme, but stay in an Evangelion Hotel room. Japan, I think I'm in love with you all over again. Check out more after the jump!



The theme park pavilion features life-size recreations of scenes and characters from the classic anime series, but when you stay in an Evangelion-themed hotel room with a life-sized clone of Shinji Ikari's dead mother staring at you while you sleep. My dreams are coming true. This is all in an amusement park at the base of Mount Fuji that in the past has been home to similarly grand Gundam attractions. This is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard.

As well as finding the life-size EVA-01 bust and the life-size EVA-02 head, it will feature a plug-shaped bed with a DVD player for horizontal viewing; black-lit dialogue and graphics on the walls; Evangelion artwork; and a life-size Rei Ayanami, who also gives you a wake-up call if you so desire. I know where I'm staying when I visit Japan.

But as with everything in life, there is a cost. The room is $450 a night. Reservations open March 1. Looks like I'm stuck with my Evangelion figures, my DVD's and Bluray's, and my vast imagination. In this hotel, you can't do Evangelion VS Green Lantern VS The Lion King. Now that's a franchise I'm board with.
Check it out here, though if you don't read Japanese.....it might not make that much sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment