Jan 31, 2011

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon




Back in 2007, you probably didn't play Earth Defense Force 2017. Four years later, you're probably not going to play Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon. When it's 2017 and we're faced with an actual insect Armageddon, you probably won't be playing the third game in the series that will mysteriously come out six years after everyone stops caring.

But the question is, should you?  More after the jump!



I'll provide a little back story here in case the trailer doesn't really give you much to go on. (which, let's be honest, it doesn't.) Earth Defense Force is a cheesy third person shooter budget title where you fight giant alien insects that have invaded Earth yadda, yadda. You could probably call it Starship Troopers the game if there wasn't already at least one Starship Troopers game that's just not as good as Earth Defense Force.

Back when I played through the first game, 2017, my biggest complaint wasn't that the graphics were kind of terrible or that the gameplay was a little repetitive or that the voice acting was so bad every other line gave me a stomach ache's worth of laughter.

My only real complaint was that the game was limited to split screen co-op. Imagine all the fun times I could've had with this mediocre gem if I wasn't limited to playing the game with one of my "REAL LIFE PALS" sitting in the same room. I mean really, I don't have a ton of friends, and the number of them who'd be willing to take a trip through this game's campaign clock in at about zero.

Luckily, the makers of Earth Defense Force 2017 have corrected this critical error in Insect Armaggedon. Now you can fully enjoy the stellar plot, splendid voice acting, and spectacular graphics not just by yourself, but with a couple of friends.

So yes, you SHOULD buy this game.

And play it with me, because I'm probably going to have some trouble filling out my co-op team.

1 comment: