Jan 31, 2011

Dead Craft (Dead Space AND Minecraft?!)


You KNOW we love Minecraft and Dead Space here at Awesome Robot. I one day dream of a world where the creators of Minecraft and Dead Space join together in perfect harmony. Well, as perfect as a space ship full of evil undead aliens can get.

 If you are on the same mind-wave as me, you should totally check out the video after the cut. If not, you should check it out anyway. It's that cool.





A Visceral Games engineer built this Minecraftized trailer to celebrate Dead Space 2. In an interview with Kotaku, he told the site:


"I put it up in time for launch but it was too dark, now that the partying has worn off, I remembered to brighten it. The whole environment and shot set up I've done myself, though the actual scale of the marker is closer to the one in DS2, I genned a couple worlds until I found a big mountain to put the marker inside, fortunately it was naturally hollow to begin with, I only needed to blow up a floor a bit.

I didn't want to copy any Dead Space trailers, most of them show off the monsters which I just can't do in MineCraft, but it was definitely inspired by the 'Twinkle Twinkle' and 'Ring Around the Rosie' trailers. I'm not really good at audio stuff, so I spent a couple hours looking for a creepy a lullaby until I found that Silent Night music box melody that just seemed to fit the theme perfectly."



He did good work. The thing looks amazing! And shows you how versatile Minecraft truly is, and what amazing creations can be built if given time and imagination. Follow his Twitter here! Also, go buy Minecraft if you haven't already.

And if you have any cool Minecraft creations you want to show off, email me a link to a video or picture to daniellock@thenullvoid.co.uk and I will feature it on the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment