Aug 22, 2012

The Art Of Looking Up By Sime

Welcome back. (Via)
I recently caught myself looking down recently on a beautiful, sunny day. I was deep in thought about something, until my head all of a sudden jerked up and was met with a wonderful blue sky and warm sunlight. I kind of realized then, that with all the trials and tribulations that a lot of us face on a daily basis, we often forget to appreciate the truly beautiful things about us, or take them for granted. It might seem stupid, or trivial, sure..But sometimes you just go through those periods and lose track of what's truly important.

Sime, a female Japanese illustrator that popped up during one of our content trawls really struck me with her work, which seemed to embody this mindset that I'd lost track of till recently. Her characters in her illustrations seem at peace, staring off into the distant cosmos and full of hope. In an age where cynicism is at an all time high, isn't it nice to get an artist that focuses on the big picture, the 'Things will work out somehow' approach? If anything, the talented illustrator definitely encouraged me to keep that chin up, and hope for the best. I hope she can do that for you too, if you happen to be going through a similar period. More of her beautiful, thought provoking illustrations after the break!











No comments:

Post a Comment