Jul 15, 2012

Oz: The Great and Powerful - Trailer



There are a select few franchises/stories that I will forever be faithful to. As I'm sure I've mentioned many times before, the Oz franchise is high up on the list. When I heard about this prequel, I don't know how many months ago, I became instantly enthused, and have been on the lookout for still photos, trailers, ANYTHING. Just in time for San Diego's Comic-Con, Sam Raimi's Oz: The Great and Powerful trailer has been released. Visually, it looks pretty damn awesome.

Otherwise, it's a bit of a mystery to me. While I like the main actors (James Franco, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams, etc.), I worry about having so many fairly big names in one film. It's a move that, in my opinion, has a so-so success rate: The thought behind that being, "Oh, let's just throw in a bunch of popular actors in there and not worry about it, people will still flock to see it." Perhaps I'm paranoid, and because I know it's not necessarily always the case, I sure as hell know where I'll be March 8, 2013 for my Oz fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment