Jun 18, 2012

Teach Me How To Box, Thank You For Telling Me How Terrible I Am


Having needed the motivation at times to get off my ass and work towards getting into better shape, I've always found that having a pissed off verbal motivator (Bootcamp style?) has always yielded the best results. This look at the Church Street Boxing Gym in NY is pretty damn hilarious, as former champion fighter Eric Kelly unleashes a barrage of creative verbal abuse to get his somewhat clueless clients motivated.

In a way I can kind of see how it benefits Eric, a fighter in his prime stripped of his ability to fight professionally due to an accident that damaged one of his eyes. An arena to vent his frustration while simultaneously mentoring others. At the end of the day he's incredibly grateful to have a chance to do something he loves, and simply clowns on his clients to make them tougher. I can get behind that.

No comments:

Post a Comment