Jun 20, 2012

The Art of Lorenzo Ceccotti


A lot of artists I enjoy capture an aesthetically pleasing image, but often times fail to evoke any sort of emotion in me (I swear I'm not a robot). Sure, I might think that something looks awesome or cute, but it can feel like that the only feeling the piece is evoking is my inner-obsession for all things colorful. I think I've made it obvious that I'm sucker for line art that tends to pee color onto the page, but sometimes I stumble onto an illustrative artist who completely captivates me without neon greens and pinks.

Lorenzo Ceccotti is a Rome based artist using influences ranging from Manga to Comic Books in order to provide some awesome work. I actually get a really heavy Mamoru Hosoda (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars) and Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell) vibe from a lot of his work which is far from a bad thing. For a full portfolio of Lorenzo's work, check out his website here and then hit the break for 8 more pieces

Incredibly magical in every respect.

I can't say no to awesome monsters.

F*ck yes.

Another example of Lorenzo's varying styles.

Illustration for Players Magazine.

I'm a sucker for Astronaut illustration.

Concept from a Video Game currently being developed.

I'm sure you can see where I sense a bit of Masamune Shirow in his list of influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment