Oct 13, 2011

Not Hot Enough?

(Via)
Barbie is not exactly the beauty standard to which women should hold themselves to.  This is no secret, and anyone with an ounce of rationale knows this already.  The "love yourself for who you are" movement has already been in full swing for quite some time now.  My thoughts on this: No one should hate themselves.  But that doesn't mean we have to accept ourselves as overweight, or even obese either.

More after the jump!




I could bore you with my own weight loss story (which is still in progress, by the way), but I won't.  Let's just say that I think it's important for us to not be delusional.  Morbidly obese is not "curvy", but having a literal few extra pounds isn't "fat" either. Sure, the woman in the above picture may not be everyone's cup of tea.  But come on... Look at her!  I think most people would find her quite beautiful, and not in need of any artificial help.

The cosmetic surgery markings on her are extreme, and obviously not intended to be real.  But I think the message behind the photo is a strong one, and one for everyone to see.  This goes for men and women! Why did I decide to post this here, at Awesome-Robo, a site generally dedicated to video games, comics, cool videos, and so forth?  Because we're about all things awesome.  And let's face it, this is one awesome pic, and sweet message.

No comments:

Post a Comment