Oct 13, 2011

The Girl With the Comic Book Tattoo

First Castle; now this. (Via)
I'm a huge fan of the millennium series. I haven't read the book but I loved the Swedish film, and I'm looking forward to the American's interpretation of The Girl With The Dragoon Tattoo (d irected by David Fincher and starring Daniel Craig as Blomkvist and Rooney Mara as Salander.) But yes, I haven't read the book. Now I don't have to because it's coming out in a format I can understand; comics.

DC announced that it will publish a trilogy of graphic novels based on the three books through its mature-readers Vertigo imprint. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo will debut in 2012, with The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest to follow in 2013 and 2014, respectively.

"The intricate characters and stories Larsson created in the Millennium Trilogy are a perfect match for the graphic novel format, where we can bring Lisbeth Salander to life in entirely new, visually compelling ways," said DC Entertainment co-publisher Dan Didio. "It's a distinct honor to work on a story that is already so popular with millions of readers around the world."

DC didn't reveal the creators involved. The books, written by the late Swedish author and journalist Stieg Larsson, were published posthumously but Larsson's estate and the Hedlund Literary Agency will be working with DC during the adaptation process.

Looks like I have a few more things to add to my comic pull list. This thing is blowing up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment