Aug 16, 2011

The Artist Behind Bastion, Jen Zee

via
A few weeks ago the Xbox Live Arcade game, Bastion, hit the digital marketplace and it's goddamn amazing. While Ms. Splosion Man stole my heart for the best arcade game of 2011, Bastion comes close second. The narration is unlike anything I've seen or heard in a video game and makes for a truly original hack-and-slash RPG, but it's the art that truly hits home. With influences of classic JRPGS such as Tales of Phantasia and Shining Force, Bastion's art style is simply beautiful; filled to the brim with color and a hand-painted looking palette. 

Yes, I could sit here and ooze over how much I f**king love Bastion, I should also get the point of this post. Artist Jen Zee is the woman behind what you see in game, and she's absolutely brilliant. After spending a bit of time looking into Jen's career, I've dug up a few pieces that are just as incredibly as Jen's work on Bastion. Hit the break to check out 5 pieces by Jen Zee.







Check out more of Jen Zee's work on her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment