May 22, 2011

Pixar's Cars 2 Trailer: Presented In Lego



I have no idea what drove Patrick Bovin to recreate the Cars 2 trailer entirely out of Lego. Was he paid to do so? Is it part of a viral effort? Was he so impressed with the trailer that he felt driven to painstakingly recreate it in stop motion? We have no idea, but it sure as hell turned out awesome..A carbon copy of the original with some slightly blockier edges. Check out the real trailer after the jump for comparisons sake!





On a side note, we're kind of puzzled as to why Pixar would create a sequel to his movie, out of its entire library. I think on the most part, people felt that this was the weakest entry of the Pixar lineup. The idea behind anthropomorphic talking cars just didn't click with many people. What did you guys think? Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up here. I'm just guessing the merchandise sold well.

No comments:

Post a Comment