Apr 27, 2011

Joe Quesada's variant for Death of Spider-Man Makes Me Cry


The Ultimate universe Marvel was flawed. It started as a way for readers to jump into comics without having years of storyline behind them, and became exactly what it was trying to prevent. But I loved the Ultimate Spider-man series, because despite it's flaws Spider-Man is one of my favourte comics, and I'll love him in any form.

Ultimate Spider-Man #160 is the final issue for the Death of Spider-Man saga, and what looks like the end of Peter Parker as Spider-man within the Ultimate Universe. Marvel has revealed the Joe Quesada variant cover, both full color and Sketch Variant. And they are f***ing beautiful.
Though Ultimate Spider-man will continue with another character under the helm, and a whole new pretty cool costume, I won't be reading the series. There is only one Spider-man (Excluding the clone saga, fools) and it will always be Peter Parker. I'll be buying all 3 covers, and maybe extras because of the damage the tears rolling down my face will cause. I remember when this series first started, and checking out the first issue whilst hanging out at the comic-book store I was at as a kid. Seeing it end is emotional. Death is final in the Ultimate universe.

“Ultimate Spider-Man” #160 goes on sale June 22. Expect a review soon after. Click past the cut for the sketch variant cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment