Apr 4, 2011

365 Project: The First Week of a Year of Photos

3/29/11
Late last month I decided to dedicate myself to a project I've been yearning to begin since last December. It is a project that designed to train my aesthetic eye and motivate me by forcing my participation every single day for an entire year. It will be grueling, exhausting, and hopefully ultimately rewarding.

The rules are simple: upload at least one photo a day for an entire year (365 days from March 29th). Photos can have subjects of anything, but should encapsulate something significant to me that happened on that day. Initially easy enough, but I'm sure repetition is what will either beget strife or success.

Today marks my one-week anniversary of starting the project, a small milestone indeed, but one nonetheless. I must say, I am quite pleased with the results, and the photos I have sitting on the cutting room floor are also of great pride for me. While the first week is certainly exhausting, I'm satisfied in how it's progressing thus far. I'm looking to make weekly updates here to share my work, and hopefully inspire others to dedicate themselves to their own personal projects like I have -- whatever they may be.

Above is the first photo of the first week; hit the jump to see the rest of the set!

3/30/11
3/31/11
4/1/11
4/2/11
4/3/11
4/4/11
You can follow the official Tumblr page here, where daily updates and other fun goodies await! You can also check out the Behance Network page, where regular updates will occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment