Aug 27, 2013

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Launch Trailer Feels Like It's Not An MMO



I'm going to admit that I'm absolutely obsessed with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn at the moment. After the trainwreck of the 1.0 release, it's incredible to see the turn around of quality thanks to the amazing team lead by Naoki Yoshida (better known in the community as Yoshi-P). While A Realm Reborn plays like a typical MMO, the pure quality of storytelling and design of the world is what instantly drew me in. The quest dialogue and the world exploration bring me back to the glory days of JRPGs, and really shows off the passion the team has for bringing some much needed life into this game.


To celebrate today's release, a launch trailer has been released to showcase the game's narrative, which manages to portray the game as just another Final Fantasy entry instead of an MMO. If you're looking for a timesink with quality, I definitely suggest taking a step down the road of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment