Apr 10, 2013

Reminder: Attack on Titan Has Begun And It's Amazing



I've been a bit rusty with my anime intake lately, but with good reasoning. The recent Berserk films left a sour taste in my mouth after the disappointing use of CGI and nearly every new series pushed out seems to follow the same tired and true "slice of life" formula. Luckily a new season for anime has arrived and it features one of the best looking series I've seen in quite a while, Attack on Titan.

Based on Hajime Isayama's manga, the series has been adapted by the wonderful team at Production I.G. and it's absolutely stunning. It's sad to say it, but I feel that a majority of Anime has gotten down right lazy in terms of quality and it's been quite sometime since one has truly held my attention. Attack on Titan is a whole different ballgame, featuring absolutely beautiful animation and a roller coaster of a storyline. 
 
While there currently is no official date for when the U.S. might be able to get it's hands on a localized release, rumors have been brewing that FUNimation will begin streaming the series shortly due to a hidden splash page. Keep your fingers crossed, because it's absolutely fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment