Jan 13, 2012

Gotham By Gaslike: Arkwork Of A Secret & Cancelled Batman Game

A glimpse of a Dark Knight that never was. (Via)
When games that sound good get cancelled before they even reach the pitching process I shed a tear and die inside. When a good Batman game gets cancelled I put on my cowl and destroy every shipment of Modern Warfare 3 I can track down in revenge (I kid, folks, I kid!).
According to graphic artist Julie Farrell, a game was in the works: "Gotham By Gaslight". The game would have been a Batman steam-punk game; she worked on a few pieces for the pitch. Farrell’s designs show off a steampunk take on Batman’s world and gadgets. The game was cancelled before the pitch could be made.

Though I'm glad that this generation has had two amazing Batman titles I wonder if this game would have even been as good as Rocksteady's outings with the Dark Knight, especially one adapted from a rather obscure Elseworld novel (1989). See after the jump for a few shots, but visit  Julie Farrell's blog for the entire collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment