Dec 13, 2011

Krampus: Putting Fear In Your Christmas

Oh dear. (Via)

I was raised on threats of coal in my stocking if I didn't behave right, and I thought that the concept of simply not getting toys for Christmas was terrifying enough. That is, until I heard about Krampus. When I first heard the term and had it described to me, it kind of sounded like some kind of meme that would originate in the darkest depths of 4chan, a la Longcat/Tacgnol. Yet after a little bit of research, it turns out that this nightmarish entity is actually a real legend in European alpine regions.

Legend goes that Krampus would accompany Saint Nick (Santa) and kidnap kids who had been bad, after which he'd proceed to eat them. Well after finding that out, I guess my childhood was a walk in the park compared to those kids subjected to demonic mental trauma. On a side note, these cool pieces of art were all created by Miss Monster on Deviantart, so check out two more of her Krampus designs after the break!




No comments:

Post a Comment