Dec 28, 2011

IN THE SEARCH OF BEKSINSKI

(via
There was something bothering me about that huge head in the Prometheus posters that I thought I had seen before but wasn't quite sure where.

I kind of became obsessed by the image and started a search online. The obvious was to look for Giger's books or some Magic The Gathering artist that could have drawn something similar. In fact, Giger and Brom and a couple other artist have inspired a lot of the atmosphere for the Pirexian marshes in the famous TCG, with imagery that could have been directly drawn out from the Aliens setting.

But after a few weeks I wasn't sure if  a could really find out who else could bring the atmosphere that oozed from the poster/trailer ( besides the work of Giger), until yesterday.

Walking downtown, I came across this bookshop that had a book on display that made me smile. It was one the many omnibus/compendiums that abound on H.P Lovecraft stories, but this time it had the cover made by this amazing illustrator from Poland, a legend on its own, with a really extensive bio and even a wikipedia profile.

It was this guy that I was looking for; Zdzislaw Beksinski. As usual after the break more of his really really amazing, macabre works, ( the guy has amazing skills, considering he paints, like proper brush and canvas painting) and links to his profile.










Here's a wikipedia link about this underappreciated artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment