Mar 29, 2011

The Vines' New Music Video Seems A Bit Familiar (In the best way possible)


Scott Pilgrim remains one of my all time favorite graphic novels/movies, so it should be no surprise why I'm enjoying this music video so much. The consistant homage to Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World fits so incredibly well with The Vines' garageband-esque rock that I'm almost surprised Beck was Edgar Wright's initial choice. Than again, I never imagined Sex Bob-Omb's Stephen Stills to have such a harsh Australian accent. The single, Gimme Love is one of 3 tracks that were previously performed by The Vines in June. 

The band has continued to impress me, despite their subpar album, Melodia. Scott Pilgrim homages and this song are making me relatively excited for their fifth album, Future Primitive which is due out June 3rd. Although, that may be my immense amount of fanboy-ism kicking in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment