Mar 19, 2011

Villain For The Amazing Spider-Man Confirmed?


Spoilers for people who don't want to know, but the villain of the next Spider-Man film has just been confirmed. Who is it? Find out after the jump!


Actor C. Thomas Howell has now confirmed that the villain played by Rhys Ifans in The Amazing Spider-Man is indeed the Lizard.
"I play a construction worker who's son is caught in the middle of a battle between the Lizard and Spider-Man on the Manhattan bridge. Spider-Man helps me get my son back from this perilous situation. There is some payback there at the end of the movie. Spider-Man is kind of hurting. I help him when all of the other people won't. Part of the story is, the nation thinks he might be a bad guy. They don't know what to think. Because of my experience on the bridge with my kid, I know he is a good guy. I pitch in and help out at the end. That is the best way."
Dylan Baker played Lizard's alter ego, Dr. Curt Connors, in the first three Spidey films directed by Sam Raimi. We never saw him play out the role of the Lizard, like we never saw Billy Dee Williams play a black Two-Face.....the world may never know.

The Amazing Spider-Man is being written by James Vanderbilt, Alvin Sargent and Steve Kloves and directed by Marc Webb. It is scheduled to be released in 3-D on July 3, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment